MTSM-Tourism Strategy and Management
Barbara Del Bosco
MTSM - Master’s in Tourism Strategy and Management, run in collaboration with the FTO (Organised Tourism Federation), the UVET Group and Amadeus Italia, aims to train young people with a solid university background so that they are able to work in a variety of areas across the Italian tourism industry (incoming, outgoing, hospitality, business travel, MICE, services, etc.).
A long-standing relationship with the business world contributes to the success of the course. The FTO - and its participating companies - are big believers in the course, taking an active role in classroom training, providing students with placements and awarding bursaries. At the end of their placements, the majority of students go on to continue their development with their companies (over 90%).
The course includes:
- Six months of full-time classroom learning, for a total of 440 teaching hours split across four main areas: Management, Tourism, Marketing and Soft Skills.
- Five-month placement enabling students to apply their knowledge and skills.
- Project work designed to combine theory and practical work.
- Analysis and ideas contests to support partner companies.
- Drinks with entrepreneurs and managers to help build a network within the industry.
University graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
November 2019 – November 2020